Thursday, August 11, 2016

Phillippians 4:8


This is one of my life verses. I struggled with a period of poor health and deep depression a few years ago.This verse was one that I used to get my mind where it needed to be. The bible talks about taking every thought captive, and this is the verse that I used to do that. When I found my self struggling with doubt, self-hate, or hopelessness I would apply this verse to my life. I would speak it out loud. I would write it out. I would think about the things that are true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent and praise worthy. If the thought that I was thinking wasn't any of those good things, I knew that it was a lie from Satan. Then I took authority over the thought, prayed to the Lord and trusted Him. I was amazed at the way that I was able to overcome these thoughts. Maybe you are struggling with anxiety, thoughts of self-harm, or in a deep depression. I encourage you to see good, godly counsel and also apply this verse like a healing balm to your mind. It is really one of those verses that are life changing for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment